Our peaceful, contemplative atmosphere provides the perfect environment to recharge, renew and refocus.
Christ the King Retreat House and Conference Center exists to provide an environment and opportunities for spiritual, personal and professional growth, healing and peace.
Christ the King Retreat House and Conference Center is located minutes from downtown Syracuse, New York. Nestled atop six acres of rolling hills, this secluded former mansion with its high ceilings, sprawling spiral staircase, and abundant natural light, with accents of stained glass windows, is located in the Bradford Hills section.
Organizations will find the quiet, contemplative atmosphere an ideal environment for renewing, refreshing and refocusing!
The Retreat Center Director is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. This position is responsible for the overall management of the Retreat House providing hospitality assistance and facilities management, and interacting with individuals throughout the Diocese and any visitors or guests that come to the Retreat House.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and present a long range vision and strategy for the Retreat House in conjunction with the Board of Directors and with approval by the CFO & Bishop.
- Manage and develop the Retreat House staff, ensuring they are engaged and consistently meeting daily operations. Staffing oversite includes Director of Marketing/Guest Services, kitchen, receptionists, caretakers, housekeeping, maintenance staff and volunteers. This includes timesheet approval and payroll management.
- Manage all personnel requirements for employees of the Retreat House. This includes working with Human Resources to recruit, hire, develop and engage employees; establish or revise policies; update/prepared job descriptions; complete annual performance reviews and annual salary planning.
- Convene and facilitate regular staff meetings.
- Assure that gospel values are being promoted by all staff members by their spirit of hospitality and welcome so that all are treated as Christ.
- Continually encourage staff development and education, assisting staff in relating their specific work to the total mission of the organization.
- Work with the facilities supervisor to prioritize upgrades and capital improvements.
- Meets monthly with Board, plans/complete agenda with Chairperson.
- Work with the financial advisor on the Board to present a monthly finance report to the Board and maintain sound financial responsibilities
- Prepare and present the annual budget to the Board of Directors and the HOPE Appeal; manage the budget to ensure the Retreat House operates within budget guidelines
- Plan a yearly schedule of presenters for retreats, spiritual development and enrichment.
- Actively promote the Retreat House in the CNY community.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant development and trends in retreat centers and spirituality in general.
- General Housekeeping Responsibilities includes working with Executive Chef for meal planning, conference and guest room set up
- Ensure the financial responsibilities are completed and accurate including invoicing & collection
- Capital Campaign including Monitor the Balance Investment Fund and the Long Term Investment Fund
- Oversight of the Bookstore & coordinates the decorating of the house seasonally
- With the Director of Marketing, ensure all guests or groups are greeted with a warm welcome
Excellent organizational and communications skills with the ability to oversee all aspects of managing a conference facility in a successful manner. Basic knowledge of accounting and payroll procedures. Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including ability to produce clear, concise reports and recommendations and make presentations to varied groups. High level of accuracy and attention to detail, decision-making, use of discretion, teamwork, service orientation, independent judgment/action, problem-solving, organizational and supervisory skills. Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality. Ability to handle multiple priorities and work flexible hours is required. Excellent public relations skills to deal with guests and other callers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years’ experience in hospitality or church management preferred, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the above described duties. Knowledge and understanding of church organizations and operational preferred. Proficiency with personal computer and all basic office equipment, including Microsoft Office and/or other software. Performs basic math and programming.
Interested individuals should submit a resume to Nicole at email@example.com
Sold Out! Thank You for your Support!
Sunday, December 9
Join us for a matinee performance of “Elf” at Syracuse Stage, 820 E. Genesee St. The show starts at 2 pm. Savor refreshments in the lobby from 12:30 pm and take some chance on beautiful gift baskets. Tickets: $60 per person or $35 for under 17.
If you would like to be a sponsor or contribute to our gift basket raffle give us a call at 315-446-2680.
Join us at one of our upcoming programs:
If you do not receive a confirmation email for an event that you signed up for, please call our office at 315-446-2680.
See the retreat page for information
- New Year's Eve Day of Reflection with Fr. John Rose
- Monday, Dec 31, 2018
- Women's Retreat
- Friday, Feb 8, 2019
- CTK Valentin's Dinner and Show
- Thursday, Feb 14, 2019
- Lenten Day of Reflection
- Wednesday, Mar 6, 2019
- Retreat on Anthony De Mello with Sr. Ellie Martinez
- Saturday, Jun 29, 2019